Jean’s, based in Hod Hasharon, Israel, was established in the fall of 1998. Its 30 singers represent each and every possible walk of life.
Good, solid, serious musical work, hand in hand with a particularly warm, family-like atmosphere, have made every “Jean’s” rehearsal and performance something very special indeed.
Our popularity is due in equal measure to the high quality of our performances and to our repertoire, “Love Around the World”, a wonderful songbook comprised of original five-part arrangements (all arranged by Jeanne Rabin herself) of the world’s most beloved love songs of all time – both in Hebrew and English, with a sprinkling of other languages as well.
Over the years, Jean’s has had the honor to have been asked to perform in numerous Memorial Day Assemblies and evenings of song dedicated to Israel’s fallen soldiers (in Ganey-Am, Yarkona and Hod HaSharon).
We have gone into the studio to record two of our Hebrew favorites, “Otach” (Assaf/Gordon) and “Zeh HaRega Le’ehov” (Rabin/Weiss). More to come!
“Jean’s” is happy to welcome new singers from the Sharon area into its ranks (excellent sopranos – get in touch right away). Prerequisites: a pleasant voice, previous experience, good rhythm, a love of international pop music and a fun-loving attitude! Note reading an asset. Interested? Contact us!
Our successes and international experience are extensive and varied. Among the highlights:
– Participation in the Choir Olympics 2004 in Bremen, Germany.
– Performances with the Leverkusen Musikschule Jazz Band.
– Gold Medal status in the “Israel Center For Choirs and Singing Groups” competitions (“Sulam Mila”).
– Two solid performances (pop and jazz) in the “In Canto sul Garda” festival and competition, Riva del Garda, Italy, October 2009.
– Participation in the Israeli National Choir Competition, “Zemer Lach Artzi”
– October 2012 – Canta al Mar Choir Festival and competition, Calella, Spain
– June 2015 – 18th Alta Pusteria International Choir Festival, northern Italy, with the honor of performing in both the opening and closing ceremonies.
– October 2016 – Cantus Angeli Choir Festival, southern Italy
– January 2020 – MILA’s Dead Sea Festival, full production of “Musicals in Jean’s” – the project of the year.
– May 2020 – Festival KORAIS, Thessaloniki, Greece, dedicated